Thread: State Farm agents and team

New User Level 0

Default Selling expensive life insurance...

Im in the south, selling insurance for State farm for about 3 months now but I can't for the life of me sell life insurance. the times that I've quoted people they obviously "need to think about it" or ive been way more in price.

Any suggestions for how to sell life insurance that is more expensive than other options?

I do not want to work for anyone else but State farm so please don't suggest to go independent.

Any advise would be so helpful!

2. Last edited by CDSF; 01-15-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

Sure ... in the south it is all about relationships. Not just making the sale but telling the story as to why they should buy you and the "company you keep". You may explain the permanent option to them too so that they know they have an opportunity to build equity and not just buy a death benefit (there is an old live, quit, die presentation you should become aware of to present). I would also recommend that you network with successful State Farm agents (those in the business over 5 hears). From them you will get other ideas. I would also suggest you speak with your regional sales manager. He/She should be able to provide more in-depth information.

But there is one key point above and beyond all of this and that is this business is about relationships, relationships, relationships. Build those with trust and they will come back for all their insurance needs. I cannot tell you how many people I have met that said I have an agent that my family has worked with for ages; and they will not change. No matter how much better my plan may have been, they close their ears, pat you on your back, and 'bless your heart'. So, sell what is needed, continue to prove the need and the reason they should work with you, and all of the sales will build over the next few years.

Best of luck!
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

New User Level 0

Thanks so much for the information and encouragement! I'm currently in upstate SC so im not too far away. Believe it or not I grew up in Candler NC and really hope that this opportunity will bring me back home. Not necessarily Candler per se but Asheville area. Small World!

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

I do get out and about so if you'd like to meet for coffee one day, let me know. I get to Greer several times a year for my car and would be happy to visit with you. By the way, I do have a few State Farm agencies as benefit clients.
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

New User Level 0

That would be great. I will message you my cell number on LinkedIn, if you wouldn't mind sending me your number or a quick text message we can connect soon!