Thread: Tips to move up in insurance industry

New User Level 0

Default Tips to move up in insurance industry

Hello there everyone !! A bit of intro on my background !! I curently reside in Utah and have P&C license and L&H.I speak fluent three languages ,my native language,english and spanish.I started to get in insurance field in 2007 as insurance billing at The General Insurance in Tennessee Corporate and got my license in 2010 at same company as call center insurance sales rep al the way until 2014 when i moved to Florida and worked as retail insurance agent staff ,great sales and experience bit life situations brought me to Utah and worked at State Farm as agent staff for about a year ,but to put ot this way ,me and the young new owner did not get a long at the end due to personalities clash...me,more experience as insurance and working for a guy 10 years younger than me. Not all the hope is lost...i am 38 ,and i feell that i can still be successful...i am stucked in a third party insurance call center ,just csr...has its own good advantages but every few months get a new boss that has no ideea about insurance....many regulations and cannt think about the box...even if moving up there,still ,every move its controlled by the client,very,very micromanaged...iwas the only one in 14 people training class with background in insurance ....Looking for tips to get out of there,maybe work on my own or go work for a direct company ! Tips ???

New User Level 0 boomerbenefits's Avatar

Does the call center you are working at allow you to have contracts outside of their business? If not, you could start by picking up a few contracts and doing some sales on the side. By yourself 10 leads from a reputable leads broker and work them. Invest your profits back into the next set of leads, and so on.

New User Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by boomerbenefits View Post
    Does the call center you are working at allow you to have contracts outside of their business? If not, you could start by picking up a few contracts and doing some sales on the side. By yourself 10 leads from a reputable leads broker and work them. Invest your profits back into the next set of leads, and so on.
    Good point !! I also partnered with retireco !! I can market by buying leads or sending fliers !!

Senior Member Level 1 marindependent's Avatar

I would explore all of your options.

Speak with an insurance recruiter.
    Reach out and grab lunch with agency owners.

Research the heck out of anything that you are considering signing up for.
    Scott W Johnson
    Whole Vs Term Life Insurance
    415-294-5454 CA LIC 0K10734

Share This Thread!