Thread: Insurance wont cover aftermarket parts.

New User Level 0

Default Insurance wont cover aftermarket parts.

I was recently in an accident. The other driver was 100% at fault charged with a DUI and improper lane change. His insurance "Allstate" says they don't have to cover my aftermarket parts even though i pay for $2,000 additional coverage through my insurance. I have aftermarket headlights and 1 headlight got broke out, an OEM R32 bumper that needs replaced, and a badly dented fender on my VW GTI. Allstate quoted me $844 in total damage. Allstate is saying since the headlights are aftermarket they wont give me anything for them "$0.00" for my broken headlight. But i can only buy the exact same headlights in pairs that costs almost $600. And if i went back to stock i'd still have to buy a used pair for about $200. A used usable OEM R32 bumper is almost $600 by itself without paint. And they quoted me 200 to replace the bumper, 100 to replace the fender, and $500 in paint labor and $44 in misc parts. IDK what to do at this point. I could file a claim with my insurance and they said they will cover the parts, but with a claim through them my insurance would likely go up at renewal. With the $844 i could possibly go back to stock headlights and possibly find a color matched stock bumper and fender but i'd have to do all the work myself outside in the rain and cold.

I guess my question is, does Allstate have to replace my parts to get the car back to the condition it was in before? or am i going to have to pay out of my own pocket for my aftermarket "not stock parts for my VIN number" parts?

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

You or the person who hit you probably has a provision in their policy that will allow for those after market products to be covered. I would contact Billy Walkowiak (704.747.9337 mobil) for some direction. You can learn more of who he is, etc.
    here
    . I believe he may be able to guide you or at least point you in the proper direction.

David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

Share This Thread!