Thread: Must I accept low pay out for my truck?

New User Level 0

Default Must I accept low pay out for my truck?

I was involved in an Accident back on February 22nd. Another driver crossed the middle line and side swiped my truck. The accident was the other drivers fault. After having to deal with the other insureds insurance company, Fred Loya, They have decided to total my truck. It is driveable and needs only a rear door and some work on the quarter panel.

Fred Loya called last week and gave me a choice. I could let them have my truck for one price or I could keep my truck and settle for a price about $1700 lower.

I have looked online at other vehicles like mine. The prices Fred Loya are giving are low for what is for sale.

My question is this, can I argue that their price is too low either way and try to get more or do I have to settle for what they are offering only?

Super Moderator
    Level 10

You definitely can. Present to them what other trucks are selling for and tell them what you would settle for.
    X

New User Level 0

Thank you very much. I will be talking to the insurance company tomorrow.

New User Level 0

I am 99.9% sure I am going to keep my truck and get my stepson to repair it. Can I negotiate the price of the truck if I keep it or do I not have any negotiating power if I keep it. If I do have negotiating power, what would I need to argue for a higher price?

Thank you

Super Moderator
    Level 10

What you need to look at is the total compensation for what you receive with keeping the truck. I would agree on a total figure and then I would ask what if I keep the truck. IF they then said $1700 you could counter with I think tha is too high how about we make it $1500. It doesn't cost anything to try. All they can say is no.
    X

New User Level 0

Thank you. I will try to negotiate. It can't hurt to try. Thanks again for all of your help.

Share This Thread!