Thread: New to the business. What company is best to get contracting with?

New User Level 0

Default New to the business. What company is best to get contracting with?

Hello I am new to the Forums and looking at companies to get contracted. I have came across senior life, Lincoln Heritage and Foresters. I would like ask what are your opinion of these companies? and are there anymore recommendations? I am in the state of Maryland.

2. Last edited by NewJM; 01-02-2017 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Letting others know where I am from

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

Wow, you have opened up a Pandora's Box here with these questions. So before an answer can be given, from the companies you mentioned, it appears you are looking to sell final expense insurance, is that correct? If so, do you want to be independent or do you need training and guidance to start? Are you aware that wherever you go earnings are commission based with no salary? Finally, have you passed your licensing exam and why the insurance business?
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

New User Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBlock View Post
    Wow, you have opened up a Pandora's Box here with these questions. So before an answer can be given, from the companies you mentioned, it appears you are looking to sell final expense insurance, is that correct? If so, do you want to be independent or do you need training and guidance to start? Are you aware that wherever you go earnings are commission based with no salary? Finally, have you passed your licensing exam and why the insurance business?
    I am aware of commission based, no salary and currently licensed in health and life. I have sold health insurance and new to final expense. I am looking to be independent contractor but I will never turn down guidance or help.

Senior Member Level 1 marindependent's Avatar

What kind of experience do you have selling insurance?
    Scott W Johnson
    Whole Vs Term Life Insurance
    415-294-5454 CA LIC 0K10734

Share This Thread!