Thread: Why should I purchase a Travel Protection Plan when I have other coverage?

Default Why should I purchase a Travel Protection Plan when I have other coverage?

Why should I purchase a Travel Protection Plan when I have other coverage? What is the difference?

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

Travel medical, which is what I assume you are discussing, covers you no matter where you travel and often carries with it emergency evacuation and help getting to the nearest facility to treat a given condition. In addition, if you travel for more than 2-weeks out of the country, most carriers will not provide coverage after the initial period. Pay carful attention to what is and is not covered by your personal (or group) health insurance plan. If you work for a large company and they are self-funded, it is possible they will not cover any foreign travel ... you would need to check with your HR department to ensure you are protected. In addition, it is also possible to purchase insurance in case your plans are cancelled you can receive a refund for your trip.

Not all travel medical plans are created equal ... please make certain you choose wisely and work with an insurance agent that can recommend the proper level of protection.
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

thanx for this advice..

Share This Thread!