Thread: I want to discuss "aged leads" and how to use them.

Senior Member Level 8 Mark Rosenthal's Avatar

Default I want to discuss "aged leads" and how to use them.

First letís understand what an aged lead is.
    An Aged Lead is a lead that is 30, 60, 90 days or older that was already sold to others agents.
    But to further explain, let me give you an example.

Bob went to a funeral and started thinking about his death and decides to go online and research more information about life insurance. He goes to Google and finds a couple of websites and puts in his information and it tells him that an agent will contact him soon with more information.

He probably goes to more than 1 website and enters his information.
    What ends up happening is anywhere from 3 to 15 agents call him trying to sell him some insurance.
    You can image that would drive you crazy. Most of the time they end up just saying never mind and doesnít buy anything.

Let me get back to how to use an age lead. One of a couple of things happens with the lead. The 1st is he bought some insurance. I hate to say this, but I find that a lot of the people that have bought insurance, bought the wrong insurance. Most don't even know that term insurance really means temporary insurance. I see people in their 20ís buying a 10 year term plan and they have a 30 year mortgage and young children at home. They bought the insurance to cover their mortgage but so how the other agent end up talking them into a 10 year term. There is a good chance that person that they bought the insurance from is no longer in business or sold him the wrong thing. So what we want to do is review their policy to make sure they bought the right type of coverage and that they are not paying too much for the same type of coverage you can get them much cheaper with a better company.

Many if not most of them gave up on buying insurance or told the agents that they needed to think about it. After getting flooded by a ton of sales people I would say this too. After about 2 weeks, the agents stop calling the lead.

Now, 30 , 60 or 90 days goes by without having an agent call him again and giving him time to settle down, so to speak.

Then, we call him. Hi Bob, Iím Mark Rosenthal and I see where you were asking more information about Life Insurance the other month and Iím calling to see if you were ever helped and make sure you were taken care of and make sure you didn't buy the wrong type of policy.

He may even say something like Iím still thinking about it. Well Bob, let me ask you this. You went to a website or asked for more information because you wanted to protect something like your family, which is a great thing to do. Has that need changed? You have probably been thinking about doing this for a while and the best time to get the protection that you need is right now. The older you get the more it will cost you and the greater the chance you will get a pre existing conditions and not be able to buy the protection you need. Aged Leads are much cheaper than regular leads and I think are better than most shared or Internet leads.

I once saw a TV show where a woman goes on a date with 8 guys at once and ends up with just one guy. There are several tv shows like this. But, I always think how hard it would be to be the winner. I hate to go on a date with a girl with 8 other guys. I like to be the only person on the date. I like it when all the other guys have given up and now it is just me and her. This is how I like my leads also.

I use http://www.agedleadstore.com/ at 888-238-9283 to get my aged leads from. I highly recommend them.

Here is a video showing you how easy it is to use their website.

Here is an older training video I made about aged leads.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YZd6h-KMk8

2. Mark Rosenthal
    Independent Life and Health Insurance Agents
    https://www.linkedin.com/groups/138252

Mark Rosenthal

Mark Rosenthal

Aged leads can be a good deal, especially if one is using a dialing system.

Share This Thread!