Thread: How to approach new business owners

New User Level 0

Default How to approach new business owners

I would like to start approaching business owners, on the topic of accidental and regular life insurance. What would be some good advice in doing so?

First of all get your suit ironed. . No, seriously study in detail about business and business owner. Identify the problem he has been facing in recent time. Make a research paper. Now map your offered solutions with his/her issues. Even though he is not impressed with your services, still give him your visiting card.

Call them up on special occasions like Birthdays, anniversaries, etc. You can also buy them a lunch or dinner or have a meeting over coffee not far away from their place.

Give them a brief idea how you are going to be different from other ones.

New User Level 0

Thank you sherylgray! I was looking at going door to door downtown. So let me see if I have this correct. What should I firat say when I approach the owner, just before I ask them their concerns? Then present them with what I could help them with? Next keep incontact with them?

Meet with a simple hello. Identify their business and perspective. Map your insurance services with their services. Let them know how they can help themselves with their services. Don't try to sell them try to make them think what they need. Try to convert yourself as their clients. Doesn't matter if they say a "NO". Ask them to be in contact. May be they can refer you to someone else.

New User Level 0

Appearance should be matter. While meet business man your appearance should look impressive. You suit must well dressed and iron. Your face look good and communication very fluently. You should communicate without any hesitation that will leave positive impact on client.
    Last edited by hr helfen; 03-02-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Banned Level 0

I think you have to concentrate on may things before you approach a businessman.Appearance as well as many other thing matters in this situation.Because he ask many question and you need fact and figures to provide the support to your discussion.And also you must be a confident and know the manner that how to meet a businessman.
    Last edited by Brayce; 04-06-2013 at 02:29 AM.

New User Level 0

Meet the people in their free time and analyze in which type of insurance plan they are interested, so give them plan which is suitable for their need.