Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Term Insurance ?

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

Once again, I am not speaking about the efficacy of a website, Google, or the company's reputation. What I am concerned about and websites cannot state, is if the rate quoted is guaranteed to the particular client seeking the inquiry. No, it is not how loud and clear the site is, it is regarding the efficacy of the information delivered. Please note, that if an individual goes to a website for a quote and has coronary artery disease, they will get the same quote as a preferred individual. Why is that, because websites (either carrier, aggregator, or otherwise) cannot ask all of the health related questions that an agent will ask.

So for all of you reading these posts, contact a reputable agent because they will not cost any additional money versus a website. Are you afraid of an agent calling? Then call them and discuss your situation over the telephone. Most agents can deal with you via the internet and internet based applications. That way, assuming you are honest in your responses and the agent thorough in their fact finder, you will get the proper idea of cost and benefits.

2. David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

Robert, as long as the client does not believe they are guaranteed what they see I would say you are 100% correct. My main problem is that someone with a moderate health condition tries to obtain a preferred rate and gets a standard rate (if not rated policy) and is then angry at all insurance companies. I have seen it happen and until someone sits down or has the opportunity to speak with them, do they understand they are not preferred ... even if that is what they think.
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax

Quote Originally Posted by Robert J Hardy View Post
    Well you are right, Many peoples don't understand the things about the insurance policies like you said.

Many insurance broker takes the benefit of these and tries to sell those policies that are outdated or of no use to the particular individuals just for meeting their goals.

Sherylgray, how can you say, "Many insurance broker takes the benefit of these and tries to sell those policies that are outdated or of no use to the particular individuals just for meeting their goals"? What proof do you have and you are casting aspersions on an industry that you supposedly represent. It would appear to me that if you have to say something as mean spirited as this, perhaps this is not the industry for you. I can see by your company's website you sell property and casualty in addition to life insurance. Are you a member of an industry association such as the "Big I", NAIFA, or NAHU? What do you do to help your fellow professionals achieve an ethical and moral ending to their sales?
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax

Hi David!

Well, I am really sorry if I hurted anyone here in this forum. But there are few insurance brokers who are getting into the shoe and tries to make money. From my side, we really tries to help the people. Our professionals are taking client's requirement as individual concerns and tries to get them the best suited policies.

First, you did not answer my question about industry involvement. Next, there are always rotten apples in every business (just look at Wall Street). The key is working one-on-one with clients as they supply you with what they are looking to accomplish. Even in the P&C business, there is a huge difference in brokers. We went through many before we finally found one that understood we were willing to pay for the coverage if it existed. All of the other brokers with whom we met, as well intentioned as they were, all said, "this is all you need" ... but it was not what we wanted to accomplish.

Just because you try to help each person does not mean what you are doing is the best unless you are guided by industry standards. After decades in this business I can tell you I have seen much and the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow is my belief in myself and the knowledge that what I am doing is true, honest, and in the best interest of the client -- both in the short-term and long run.
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread!