Thread: Cannot get insurance

New User Level 0

Default Cannot get insurance

My wife has an uncle in Newbury who has a full time health carer. My wife lives in Reading. Today she bought a car for the health carer to use to take her uncle out shopping and trips. My wife tried to insure the vehicle for herself and the health carer, however the insurance companies would only grant insurance if the heathcare was made the car owner!!

What can we do??

All because the car will be kept in Newbury away from the owner keeper (my wife) in Reading

Please help, desperate Thanks

Super Moderator
    Level 10

You did not say what company you talked to. I would talk to an independent agent that offers multiple companies and would see what they can do.
    X

New User Level 0

Many thanks, I talked to Churchill, Swintons, and a few others. I used the websites like GoCompare etc but their webpages are just fixed scripts. Things looked good untill following up. We tried to find insurance companies that would agree to an owner and a keeper in different locations but even that failed. I think it's all down to insurance companies liking to take money but without the risks we are paying for.

Member Level 0

Insurance companies have a notoriously hard sell. Insurance is far less glamorous than airlines and fast cars yet the US insurance companies are all making a valiant effort to reach out and engage people in the social media space. Of course, just like in any other sector, some companies are blazing a trail while others are playing catch up. everyone can collect more information about anything by the Google, they can search more anything independently.

Sounds like you got stuck with an Underwriter who is reading the rules too closely and not using any common sense. It's really simple. Named Insured is the person the vehicle is registered to (you), the place the vehicle is used is the territory it will be rated for, the person's driving are the ones that go on the driver list.
    Unless you have any legal issues in the matter (too many DUIs) then you have the right to purchase a vehicle, you have the right to let someone else drive it, and you have the right and responsibility to have it insured. Most companies have the right to decline insuring you but that doesn't mean you can't get insurance. There's a market called Facility which all insurance companies have to pay for. If nobody else takes you, they have to. It's the law.

Member Level 0

Just try another company. No big deal... you'll find someone (unless of course, the carer has a horrible driving record with stuff like DUI's, multiple traffic violations and accidents, etc)

New User Level 0

At any situation you don't understand how to behave or how to deal ask for a help from lawyers. Really, it saves much more time and nerves than you do it yourself. I always ask Z GROUP LTD for a help and never was sorry. Recommend you follow my advice.

Senior Member Level 1 marindependent's Avatar

ha! Nice Post BoobBuddy Im sure the question is moot by now...it was posted in 2012. But its a nice link you posted there!
    Scott W Johnson
    Whole Vs Term Life Insurance
    415-294-5454 CA LIC 0K10734

Share This Thread!