Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask An Insurance Agent

Banned Level 0

I think when an insurance agent visit people he get knowledge from them and after conversation with them he find lot of deficiencies and than try to improve that.So he than he become a good agent after that.

New User Level 0

Make a list of people from your phone contact and meet them to explain your insurance plan.

Hi, Nice to meet you! To become a good insurance agent, one should has the basic know how of the different types of insurance. You should also be known to the different insurance policies and when to take such a policy. It entirely depends upon one's requirements and affordability. You must be aware of the terms and condition of the policy you are taking and the areas covered under the policy as well.

Member Level 0

Being an agent you don't need any advice, its up to you how you handle your client. Just do your best shots.

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    Being an agent you don't need any advice, its up to you how you handle your client. Just do your best shots.
    I didn't know acquiring an insurance license made you so smart that you don't need advice. I wonder what I did wrong.
    X

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

xrac ... how true! The more I dug into how to help clients with life and health products, the more I realized how little I knew. After all, you have individual clients, business clients, group clients, etc., etc. etc. With each change comes different products and needs. So for those new (or established) agents that are reading this please pursue as much knowledge as possible in order to help your clients make the best informed decision.
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

New User Level 0

Looking for a company that will pay me my commissions after I retire in 5. Years. just starting out, but want to work part time thru retirement age maybe to 70. Any suggestions for a goof company. Life or final expense or auto and home owners. Not sure which one to get into. Thx jlweb55

So ... what market are you in at the present? That will help to determine what product line(s) would be best.
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax

New User Level 0

Default Life and health

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBlock View Post
    So ... what market are you in at the present? That will help to determine what product line(s) would be best.
    Hi I am getting my life and health and mabe home and auto. Not sure about that yet. Trying to find out what pays best and the easiest to work from home. Thanks jlweb55

Well, I am not P&C licensed but you can make a nice renewal on that book of business. The problem is, if you do not work it, once the rates increase the business is usually lost. It is my humble opinion that the sale of individual disability insurance is the most lucrative available in the industry. Most carriers pay for at least 10-years as long as the policy remains on the books. If you align yourself with a good brokerage agency, you will find first year commissions start at 50% and if you are a good producer can and will increase. The renewals, on average, are at least 5% (the second year renewals are usually higher than the 5%). Add to that the satisfaction of helping to protect the most valuable asset an individual has is priceless. Of course, once that sale is complete, life insurance is always low hanging fruit.

I also suggest that you seek help in learning the business. This can be received from companies such as New York Life, Mass Mutual, Guardian, and if that is not up your alley, then at the very least, join NAIFA (www.naifa.org). They have many programs (LUTC being the best for sales) and people willing to help.

Best of luck!
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread!