Thread: temp/contract workers insurance

New User Level 0

Default temp/contract workers insurance

having lost my job i have only found a temp/contract position i took out a health plan with united healthcare through my temp agencie but it is a very poor plan with no coverage for any tests only $ 100 per year for x rays and minimal hospital coverage is there any way i can get coverage like i had with last job ( not a temp) at a afordable price thank you for any help you can give me cleg

New User Level 0

Hi There

Suggest speaking with several insurance companies on your matter, but most of the insurance companies may look in to your job and earnings as they need to verify your paying capability. You may speak with your previous insurance company again as they know you better on this, sometimes you can get a better deal with them

Cheers
    Duminda

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cleg View Post
    having lost my job i have only found a temp/contract position i took out a health plan with united healthcare through my temp agencie but it is a very poor plan with no coverage for any tests only $ 100 per year for x rays and minimal hospital coverage is there any way i can get coverage like i had with last job ( not a temp) at a afordable price thank you for any help you can give me cleg
    Not know what state you are in, I would recommend speaking with a knowledgable local agent who can show you the differences in plans. For the most part Group plans tend to havericher benefits but and Individual plan should be available however you might find to make the premiums affordable you mightneed to really raise the deductible. In some states that are Guaranteed Issue Individual plans are few and far between, that is the case here in Maine. Sometimes if you to your states dept of insurance they will provide or create brochures listing the companies offering plans in the state.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by duminda View Post
    Hi There

Suggest speaking with several insurance companies on your matter, but most of the insurance companies may look in to your job and earnings as they need to verify your paying capability. You may speak with your previous insurance company again as they know you better on this, sometimes you can get a better deal with them

Cheers
    Duminda
    None of the above statement by Duminda is true. If you are interested in getting some quotes and you do not know a licensed agent then google for "health insurance quotes" and go from there.

Share This Thread!