Thread: Premiums For Family Heathcare Up 9 Percent

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Default Premiums For Family Heathcare Up 9 Percent

Family health insurance costs for U.S. employers rose higher than they have since 2005 this year, two non-profit groups announced Tuesday.

Family insurance premiums rose on average from $13,770 per family to $15,053, the Kaiser Family Foundation and Health Research & Education Trust said.

The increase of more than 9 percent was covered by both employers and employees. On average, employers paid $10,944 of the premium, while employees contributed $4,129, The Los Angeles Times reported.

Insurance News - Premiums For Family Heathcare Up 9 Percent

Member Level 0

I actually wrote an article just about this, the KFF released this study and some proposed causes are because of new provisions of the Affordable Care Act. This includes having preventive care services with no fee in health plans and also young adults being able to stay on health insurance until the age of 26.

Senior Member Level 8 Mark Rosenthal's Avatar

My Kaiser goes up at least 5% every year.
    Mark Rosenthal
    I have not been on this forum in years and it wont allow me to delete my outdated old post. If you want to contact me, you can find me on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/connectwithmarkrosenthal/

Share This Thread!