Thread: How to know if a medical procedure will be covered before you sign up

New User Level 0

Default How to know if a medical procedure will be covered before you sign up

I'm on disability and medicaid because of migraines been that way since outta high school i'm 27. Ascendant Neuro has a unique neuro stimulation procedure that involves occipital and supraorbital or suborbital implants I don't remember which. But I've found out that they don't accept gov't funded insurance. I was planning on getting part time hopefully or full time job that provides private insurance but I don't know how to know which job's have insurances that cover this procedure. Ascendant Neuro is the only place that does this procedure in the world so this makes it less likely that it is covered than other more common readily available treatments and procedures given and performed by many doctors a multitude of hospitals.
    How can I figure out for sure if an insurance will cover the procedure before I go through with applying for and getting the job?

Member Level 0

For plans like a HMO, a designated doctor will be the gatekeeper of your procedures, and if the doctor approves the procedure than it should be covered. Bring this information to them and see if it will be covered.

New User Level 0

Wink Must read health insurance policies carefully before you buy

Health insurance plans must be read in detail that what type of diseases and hospitals they cover and get the health insurance that provide all of them that you need.