Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PageRank's have just been updated by Google

Senior Member Level 1 STIBROKER's Avatar

Default PageRank's have just been updated by Google

Did your site move the green bar....

both life and health sites up to three......

New User Level 0

Page rank is constantly changing, it's just that Google updates what is reveals to the public every quarter or so. Don't stress about the number so long as you still have quality content and links.

New User Level 0

My sites have increased in page rank. Plus, the big money making ones didn't fall from the front page. One of my sites did fall before because I added a forum which was spammed too much. But it has since recovered totally. Beware of getting too many links to bad neighborhoods.

"Getting too many links to bad neighborhoods" I like the way that is worded. Actually getting links to spam sites or sites like them will get you blacklisted from google - "guilty by association" kinda thing. Being on googles bad side is a side you never want to be on.

OP- are all those sites yours???

Member Level 0

My Page Rank also increased from PR0 to PR2. But if you are an SEO, don't focus more on Page Rank. Try to focus on other key metrics like traffic, unique visitors, bounce rate, site usability and many more to increase your overall visibility in most search eengines.

Only Google has the power to manipulate rankings as well as PR regardless of our SEO effort.

I would not worry about PageRank that much. Worry more about your traffic, content and amount of incoming links.

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by BuiltToLast View Post
    "Getting too many links to bad neighborhoods" I like the way that is worded. Actually getting links to spam sites or sites like them will get you blacklisted from google - "guilty by association" kinda thing. Being on googles bad side is a side you never want to be on.

OP- are all those sites yours???
    I agree, well put.
    -Oliver James
    Owner/SEO Director
    Realize Internet Marketing

I agree with most other posts here that say PR isn't that important. That being said, if you built the site from scratch like many of us have, it's pretty cool to watch your site go from a PR0 to a PR1 to a PR2... I'm looking for that next bump to PR3! Does it mean a lot? Probably not. Is it kinda cool? Absolutely!

Member Level 0

Is anybody aware of a tool that allows you to check page ranking for sites low down the ranking. The ones I've looked at tend to only show the top 50 or top 100 sites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast