Thread: How to Compare Healthcare Plans?

New User Level 0

Default How to Compare Healthcare Plans?

For each plan, make sure you understand:

- The services covered
    - Limitations on the number of times you can use each service.
    - Limits on the length of time you can use each service.
    - Expenses you must pay, such as monthly payments, co-insurance, co-payments and
    deductibles.
    - Also, make a list of services your child has needed over the past year and ask your doctor
    about care that may be needed in the future. Compare these services with those that your
    plan or prospective plan offers. Also, think about the unexpected. You'll appreciate the
    security of knowing that care is available if it is needed.

Hope this will help you.

New User Level 0

Health insurance is as important as buying life insurance. It is less expensive when compared to other insurance plans. Finding the right kind of coverage can be easier if you know how to compare the different insurance plans.
    instructions
    Ask your employer about the health insurance coverage in your office. Your employer generally provides the easiest and the best options. Sign on with them, as you can save more and get a more comprehensive coverage.
    Find a health insurance agent and collect information about the different plans available. Visit the NAHU (National Association of Health Underwriters) at their website, www.nahu.org, and find a local office in your area. This is one of the best ways to find and compare health insurance plans.
    Consider the time it takes to take care of your medical problem. Some plans will keep you waiting before you can see a physician, while others will give you instant attention.

Senior Member Level 2

Yes...comprehensive health reform should do that. But in the US...it won't.

Maybe when Obama is out of office. If not, rates, including Pittsburgh Health Insurance Rates, will undoubtedly increase.

New User Level 0

Whoa, this place is like the Wild Wild West compared to the other Insurance Forum.

I will have a good time here!

Member Level 0

This thread stated off as Spam, don't encourage it

Quote Originally Posted by peterjems View Post
    For each plan, make sure you understand:

- The services covered
    - Limitations on the number of times you can use each service.
    - Limits on the length of time you can use each service.
    - Expenses you must pay, such as monthly payments, co-insurance, co-payments and
    deductibles.
    - Also, make a list of services your child has needed over the past year and ask your doctor
    about care that may be needed in the future. Compare these services with those that your
    plan or prospective plan offers. Also, think about the unexpected. You'll appreciate the
    security of knowing that care is available if it is needed.

Hope this will help you.
    now I get it. hope that I could remember all of the things that you have said

It’s natural for us to look after our future and put our money where we can grasp security by its handles. Among the list for these assurances is Health Insurance. Like any other payable on the list, the recent economic crunch has brought consumers to the point of having to explore options on how to provide security for their families, with the quality of medical care still in place.
    http://insureme.us/health-insurance-2/
    http://learningcenters.us/

Life, Health and Auto INSURANCE
    http://insureme.us/

New User Level 0

Hay to all

The right medical insurance especially for its getting is beautiful key. another thing to consider is how preexisitng medical conditions are treated. Do they incur a higher deductible or have a lower max coverage limit for an instance.

New User Level 0

I am a health insurance broker. I would recommend finding a broker who can shop insurance carriers for you. Websites are going to quote you the best possible rates based on the carriers preferred plan designs and perfect health. A broker can choose a plan design to fit your needs. A good broker can also be up front with you and let you know if your personal health situation may mean higher premiums or may mean that you should choose a certain carrier.

A website (or even an insurance carrier's own representative) is most likely not going to tell you that you should choose company "A" over company "B" because company "A" looks more favorably at a 55 year old with medication controlled diabetes for example.

You could spend a lot of time and in some cases money in the form of advanced premium applying with a company that might deny you coverage, charge significantly higher premium or not cover your pre-existing condition.

Also, you will not pay more in premium to have a broker shop plans for you. As long as the plans are identical, the premium will be the same. You just have to choose whether you want some website to keep the commission or whether you want that commission to go to a local agent who can shop impartially.

Find a local broker!

If you life in Tennessee or Florida, I can help.

Andrew Peck

New User Level 0

I recently found a site that is user friendly and is as self-serve as you want it to be. I love that I could pick getting a quote with or without agent contact. I was really just doing some research to see what my options were and wasn't at the point where I needed an agent. It literally took less than a minute to get over 70 quotes. That may seem overwhelming but it was easy to customize how I viewed the results by monthly payment, company, deductable or copay. I later chose to speak with one of their agents and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. He helped guide me through the application and added a vital supplement that will help fill the gaps for the united health care policy I ended up purchasing. I was glad to speak with one their agents as insurance can seem a little confusing and I needed help understanding coinsurance. Hope that helps – almost forgot to mention the site I visited zoomhealthinsurance.com

Sincerely, Teena Janikowski

Senior Member Level 3 Dan Williams's Avatar

almost forgot to mention ? That's hilarious

I should probably mention that I will be banning those who obviously have an agenda to come here for self promotion and who add zero value to the forum.