Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of our agencies website.

Member Level 0

Default What do you think of our agencies website.

Would love to hear some feed back been working hard on site.

www.columbusinsurancemarket.com

Here is a deeper link to a page about auto insurance

http://www.columbusinsurancemarket.c...e/default.aspx

Member Level 0

Would anyone also like to do some link exchanges it helps search ranking for those who don't know. I can help set up three way linking if anyone if interested let me know.

Member Level 0

looks to me like you have spent a lot of time on this site and you have put up some good quality content. if you continue doing that, you will be successful. overall, I think you've done a great job with your site... but you didn't come here for accolades, you came here for some ideas on improving your site.

1. simplify your main money pages to the point where they're dummy proof (don't make the client have to think).
    -you have your carriers listed above quote links. I would reverse the order and make the quote links in much larger font (so the potential client can't miss it)
    - simplify your quote pages. for example: when a client clicks on "auto" on your quote site, they see 11 quote links. that can confuse people and lose traffic. one link (with large font) would work better.
    2. I didn't look at all of your pages, but i clicked on about half of them. beware of keyword stuffing! with most of your pages, this wasn't a problem. but a page or two overdid it with the phrase "columbus ohio" to where it sounded un-natural. google will ding you for that if they catch it. a good rule of thumb: read your content as if you were the potential customer..... if it sounds natural, go with it. if not, change it.
    3. testimonials page has a review with a username that's either you or a family member with the same last name. some potential clients will notice and will not like seeing that.

you are well on your way to developing a great site. tweak the little things and keep producing quality content and you will be successful.

p.s. link exchanges used to be valuable, but changes to google's algorithm have made them pretty much worthless now. only one-way links really count. so trading links is a waste of time.
    Last edited by BlockO; 03-17-2011 at 11:23 PM.
    Dan Lyles
    Lyles Insurance
    http://lylesinsurance.com

New User Level 0

I like your header and Logo, and visible instant quote link. Suggestions:
    1. The "US" of "follow us" for facebook/linkedin appears on a separate line on my screen, and not centered. Not sure if its just how it shows up on my screen, but I'm sure its not just mine.
    2. We are an independent insurance agency which means we represent more than one insurance company. - I would put a , after agency.
    3. we represent to make sure your getting the best value - you're
    4, Why do more Columbus Ohio residents buy there auto insurance from our insurance agency? -their
    5. You capitalize Home and Business insurance, but not auto. need consistency. And if you are going to capitalize the Home in Home insurance, I would capitalize the i in Insurance.
    6. Get a online quote...... an online
    7. When shopping your homeowners insurance make sure you what type of coverage forms you are buying ??? I'm assuming you omitted "ask"
    8. Health Insurance- Help protect your self from unseen medical expenses. We offer HSA, PPO, MMO. - I think you mean unforeseen, and also, its yourself.
    9. Customs, Choppers, Cruisers, Street Bikes we got you covered. - needs a dash, period.. something

The layout is nice, but there is a lot of proofreading you need to do. This is only the first 3 minutes of reviewing your home page. The initial impression is good, but I think you will lose customers in the detail. Best of luck.... I'll have mine up soon for equal critique!

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by bree4479 View Post
    Would anyone also like to do some link exchanges it helps search ranking for those who don't know. I can help set up three way linking if anyone if interested let me know.
    yes I am interested
    please contact me at msycle@gmail.com or my website.

Thanks

Member Level 0

WE can do link exchange. Where are you going to link my page you have no link section in your site. Also you have no page rank either are you doing marketing to get your site ranked better?

Hi Brianna

As Dan said you've clearly spent some time on your website and personally I think it's very easy to navigate. Dan made some good points there too; one more to add which you probably won't like me for...for each of your web pages, Matt Cutts of google prefers dashes to underscores in the Google algorithm. Google it and you'll see.

Other than that, I think it looks great.

Cheers

Bill

http://leisure-insurance.com

Member Level 0

Thanks for the good feedback everyone. Really helpful.

Member Level 0

I would invest in seo but not link trading. There are plenty of articles on the web that can help but basically getting back links from reputable sites and getting your content shared in some way are key factors.

Banned Level 0

I think if you don't have money for seo why not you start it yourself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast