Buildings insurance is intended to provide financial protection in the event that the actual building gets damaged through things such as fire, malicious damage, or weather. If you're a homeowner looking for insurance for your house, try to find a policy that provides unlimited rebuilding costs for your home. This way you do not need to be worried if the costs of raw materials or tradesmen rises without your knowledge. Several insurance companies now offer this as standard. Most homeowner insurance will also cover additional buildings on the property, and will also, provide protection to property owners who may be held liable for any accidents that occur on their property.
The buildings cover side of homeowner insurance also usually provides protection against storm damage, explosion, lightening strikes, theft, escape of water or oil, vandalism and subsidence. Also buildings insurance can cover the cost of living in temporary accommodation while your house is being repaired due to one of the above issues and, if selected, this insurance can pay for repairs to utility pipes on your property. Basically, buildings cover can pay to rebuild your entire home if necessary.