Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innovative ways of selling Insurance

New User Level 0

Default Innovative ways of selling Insurance

Hey frds,

A much talked about news of the month... Bajaj Allianz is really back in the industry these days with their Child Plan n i feel they are back with a Bang!!

They really grabbed everyone's attention with its latest advertising innovation on child insurance plans, called 'Groovy kids'... during the India-Australia ODI match played in Hyderabad on November 5, 2009.

This father-son duo took the campaign's central idea into the field and broke away from the clutter through an activity within the match, as opposed to a usual commercial break.

This can be stated as a turning point in the field of promotion/marketing... though many of them criticized the effort for various reason... i thought this was a nice initiative!!

This seems insurance industry is putting its foot forwards to reach out people on a personal level

wat say frds...do share ur view ppl

Cheers!!

Senior Member Level 2

Oh brother!

Selling insurance can be more challenging compared to selling tangible products. To increase your conversion rate, it is recommended that you practice your sales pitch before you meet up with your prospects. You need to know what to say when and how you can address common objections.

New User Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by antinsurance View Post
    Has anyone tried setting up business profiles on social media sites like facebook and twitter?
    I`ve tried do that on several ones but not sucseeded yet , I am too very interested how to do it propertly, can anyone help us ?

New User Level 0

Everyone and their dog is trying to set up accounts on facebook and twitter to relatively unsuccessfully reach new customers when what seems to be more effective with facebook and twitter is using them to provide a means to interact with your existing customers, provide additional customer service.

One of the few things that seems to work for the big brands in other industries is providing exclusive deals or content to social media subscribers.

You won't get much of any following at all without having "follow me on" fb/twitter on your website.

Also consider twitter and fb an extension of your blog that's a touch more personal.

Member Level 0

the add is pretty nice but in real field the above mentioned add has only little effect and about Bajaj Allianz they should improve a lot to attract more customers there plans are not much attractive to elicit others

With the status of the global economy, it's becoming more and more challenging to convince people to spend their money on insurance. Most buyers these days will prioritize their mortgage and their primary needs. With this in mind, is it still possible to sell insurance and make money from this endeavor? The answer is yes! The key here is convincing your prospects that your product is something that can protect them in future.

Here's how you can sell insurance:

1. Get in-depth product knowledge. Your potential buyers would surely have 101 questions about your products before they decide to make a purchase. Thus, it's very important that you know what you are selling inside out. Study your product line and know their benefits and terms. The more information you offer to your prospects, the higher your chances of getting them to buy an insurance from you.

2. Practice makes perfect. Selling insurance can be more challenging compare to selling tangible products. To increase your conversion rate, I recommend that you practice your sales pitch before you meet up with your prospects. You need to know what to say when and how you can address common objections.

3. Fail forward. Each time you fail to close a sale, determine the things that you did not do right or the things that you have forgotten. Keep these in mind on your next sales pitch to increase your chances of making a sale. It would be best if you can keep a list of all your mistakes so you can easily avoid them in the future.

4. Cold calling. If you already have a quality marketing list, I recommend that you call your prospects one by one to set up an appointment with them where you can thoroughly discuss your products and services. Start the call with a warm greeting and don't forget to introduce yourself and the company that you represent. It's important that you sound friendly and accommodating all throughout the call to easily build rapport with your prospects.

5. Follow-up on your leads. Don't forget to email or call the people who have previously shown interest on your offerings until they make a purchase or until they say no. Each time you contact them, make sure that you highlight the benefits and competitive advantage of the insurance that you are offering. You will need to do this to make your products and service look more valuable and enticing to the eyes of your prospects.

New User Level 0

I agree a good rapport with your prospect is very important. One of the ways to do that is first find out what your prospect wants, what pushes their buttons. Where is the benefit, is it with their kids, spouse. Then find why they can't get it or haven't been able to get it in the past. Then you would offer solution in the perfect insurance plan.

New User Level 0

Hi,
    As i feel the most influential thing which attracts a client most is that
    insurance plans should be built in a way that it can be customised as desired by the client.
    Better tool to attract more customers.

Member Level 0

Above tips are really good for me but I think company's Goodwill is the best thing which attracts to customer most.
    Last edited by bridgerclark; 02-09-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast