Thread: Group Health Insurance benefits for Individuals/Families

New User Level 0

Default Group Health Insurance benefits for Individuals/Families

Hi

I heard about the internet groups where we can become the members and buy an health insurance as an individual but still get all benefits of group insurance.

Please provide the info on such groups.

-Thx

New User Level 0

Let me explain.

We are aware that the benefits of Individual/Family plans are different from Group Plans which we generally get thru employers . But, I heard there are some virtual groups to which we can subscribe and thru that group we can buy individual/family plan on your own. By this you will get group insurance benefits which you are deprived off if you buy individually on your own.

Member Level 0

I think, most of people are buying private health insurance plans for individuals. Because, individual health insurance is actually more affordable as compare to other.

Member Level 0

forhealth,

I know this is really late, and you probably won't see it, but the "virtual groups" you are referring to are called associations. All the insurance companies have stopped offering NEW association plans, but the older plans that still exist are available. At this point, I don't think any of the association plans still offer guaranteed issue health insurance, which was the main benefit people wanted from group health insurance. Association plans now are just individual health insurance plans, or limited benefit plans (which do offer guaranteed acceptance).
    The limited benefit plans are suspect, because they limit the insurance company's risk and put most of the risk for major needs back on the consumer's shoulders.
    Ciao'
    "Leading You Through The Insurance Maze"
    San Diego Health Insurance Health Insurance San Diego

Member Level 0

I've never heard of anything like an individual policy with that would be treated like a group - I would want to know who else would be in the pool and be sure that if my rates went up to leave immediately if they are raising premiums.