Thread: Old vs. new hail damage

New User Level 0

Default Old vs. new hail damage

I live in Texas and my roof has hail damage. There have been several large storms over the years, but I was never aware of any damage until recently. My roof is white and multi-faceted and now all sides facing north have dark streaks. I called my ins. agent and they asked for a date of the damage. I said I didn't have an exact date, but there had been several storms over the years. My next-door neighbors had their roof replaced in 2003. I noticed they had a roofer sign in the yard again and asked about it. They said there was a storm in May of this year and they are getting another roof. I called my agent back and gave them the date of the recent storm. They filed the info and now an agent is scheduled to come out on Oct 19 to inspect. I have had State Farm since 1984 and believe there is a 1-yr deadline for filing hail damage claims. The roof is 13 years old. My question is if they determine that much of the hail damage is old, will they still pay out as if all the damage was from the recent storm?

New User Level 0

Default It's all about the money

The answer to your question is no. I used to be what they call a storm chaser. And I used to help the homeowners get claims approved. Each storm is treated as a seperate case. So if the storm came from the north, then that is where they look. State Farm was the most generous though.

So you should be okay. The longer you wait, the harder it gets though.

It also depends on the adjuster. Those from the catastrophe teams are usually a lot cooler and they also get a percentage of the claim

New User Level 0

Default by the way

I'm creating a hail damage product, what is your #1 question about your hail damage claim on your home?

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by forza271 View Post
    I'm creating a hail damage product, what is your #1 question about your hail damage claim on your home?
    Pardon my asking but what does a hail damage product have to do with what an insurance company will or won't cover?

New User Level 0

Default I didn't leave enough information

Good Question. I'm glad you brought that to my attention.

Here is my story.

On august 15, 2007 there was a hail storm here in Northwest Indiana. I worked with a company and we helped many homeowners through the process. I oftentimes pointed out damage the adjuster might have overlooked without being rude of course.

Throughout the process, I noticed the homeowners have a lot of questions, a lot of anxiety, they still get confused with the paperwork. They don't know what acv is or depreciation.

I am creating an informational product, that will not only answer questions or fears they might have, but it will also let them know what pitfalls to avoid, ex...waiting too long to make a claim...etc.

So my question to the homeowner is....What is the #1 question they have about the hail damage claim process?

New User Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by forza271 View Post
    Can you give me knowledge about that?Which type of hail damage products are you created? and where is it?

New User Level 0

I hope it goes your way with the company old or new it happened so you should get paid.

New User Level 0

Default They paid

Day one of re-roof done. Hope to finish tomorrow.

Banned Level 0

I used to help home-owners to get their claims. My experience says that you will not get insured for the damage as each storm is treated as separate case.