Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best health plan ?

New User Level 0

Default What is the best health plan ?

Choosing between health plans is not as easy as it once was. Although there is no one "best" plan, there are some plans that will be better than others for you and your family's health needs. Plans differ in how much you have to pay and how easy it is to get the services you need. Although no plan will pay for all the costs associated with your medical care, some plans will cover more than others. With any health plan you will pay a basic premium, usually monthly, to buy the health insurance coverage. In addition, there are often other payments you must make. These payments will vary by plan but essentially are deductibles and co-payments . Here's a list of key questions to consider in selecting the plan that best meets your needs: How much will it cost me on a monthly basis?
    Are there deductibles I must pay before the insurance begins to help cover my costs? After I have met the deductible, what part of my costs are paid by the plan?
    What doctors, hospitals, and other medical providers are part of the plan? Are there enough of the kinds of doctors I want to see?
    Where will I go for care? Are these places near where I work or live?
    If I use doctors outside a plan's network, how much more will I pay to get care?
    Are there any limits to how much I must pay in case of major illness? What about limits and deductibles for certain types of care such as surgery or maternity?

The one which covers all my needs of health and suites best in my pocket , have a low premium is said to be the best health plan for me and my family .

Member Level 0

In my opinion, the best health plan is something that suits both your future needs and financial status. Consider it as a form of investment. Price isn't everything. Make sure you're getting a policy from a reputable company.

It's best to go with a health plan that can cover all your needs and of course will not burn your pockets. This is a necessity and also considered to be a safety net, so it is important that everyone has a health insurance. With regards to the limits and deductibles, it depends on the insurance company. So shop around first and make sure you've addressed all your questions and everything is clear before you apply for insurance.

Senior Member Level 2

Actually, there is no right answer. For some, a GI plan is the best option. Pennsylvania Health Insurance features some decent GI plans from Highmark and Keystone. But yes...those rates...

Great....now I have to deal with spammers coming from the other board:-)
    Free Training, News & Resource Guide for Insurance Agents
    Affordable E&O Starting at $44/Mo
    www.AgentNavigator.com

New User Level 0

Default Shop Around

The best way to find the right health insurance plan for you is to shop around. Get quotes from many insurance companies. Health insurance is not a one size fits all deal. Some insurance companies prefer singles, others prefer families. Each is different and has their specialty. This is how they stay in business. Otherwise all they would be competing on it price. I know this first hand. I sold health insurance for years before retiring from the business.

Cheap Health Insurance

Well,nice discussion...The information you have shared on this forum are really useful...Please keep sharing like these useful information with us...Keep it up..!

Member Level 0

The best health plan is one where you know clearly to the answers that you brought up - at a price that will at least protect you from financially devastating health costs. If you want to pay a higher premium for more services that's would be best only if it fit your budget.

Member Level 0

According to me the best health insurance plan is that provides the best medical needs and financial abilities of me and my family.

Last edited by bridgerclark; 02-09-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast