Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need cheap insurance for a young driver.

New User Level 0

Default need cheap insurance for a young driver.

where can i find a place to get cheap insurance for a young driver...

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by Layman View Post
    I would probably check rates with 2-3 independent agents/brokers.

One of the best ways to get good car insurance rates for young drivers is to cut out the middle man, the insurance agent, and go straight to the car insurance companies.

Senior Member Level 8 Mark Rosenthal's Avatar

Over half of my car ins payments if for my 19 year old niece that I've had for the last 4 years.

I think young drivers pay at least twice what us adults do.

Seems this way at least.
    Mark Rosenthal
    I have not been on this forum in years and it wont allow me to delete my outdated old post. If you want to contact me, you can find me on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/connectwithmarkrosenthal/

Senior Member Level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gasen View Post
    One of the best ways to get good car insurance rates for young drivers is to cut out the middle man, the insurance agent, and go straight to the car insurance companies.
    Rates are usually set by the state, so there is no advantage of going direct. Progressive's rates are the same, for example direct or through a broker.

In fact, if you are a "young man," you probably should go through a broker so that he/she can determine which way of rating is the best way to make sure you are getting the lowest rate within underwriting guidelines.

Senior Member Level 8 Mark Rosenthal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OhioQuotes View Post

In fact, if you are a "young man," you probably should go through a broker so that he/she can determine which way of rating is the best way to make sure you are getting the lowest rate within underwriting guidelines.

I agree!!

Agents also know the tricks of the trade and can make sure you get the best deal. Because most agents work with more then one company, they can make sure you are getting the best deal.

Good deals are changing all the time. WHat might be the cheapest today, won't be tomorrow. That is why you should also call your agent and do a policy check up every now and then.
    Mark Rosenthal
    I have not been on this forum in years and it wont allow me to delete my outdated old post. If you want to contact me, you can find me on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/connectwithmarkrosenthal/

I think it is best for the parents to get the car insurance for their kids. This way they can integrate their car insurance with their kids and get discounts.

Of course, if your parents can't do it for you, your best choice is to:
    1. choose an older car model
    2. install safety features such as seatbelts and airbags (if possible)
    3. keep a clean driving record
    4. minimize your mileage - don't drive if yo don't have to
    5. get good grades in school -- yes, you can get a discount by being a conscientious student.

Here's a link that can give you more information on this: http://www.autoquotenow.com/articles...urance-655.php

New User Level 0

Default Best deals on young driver insurance

Hi,
    I would say getting insurance for young kids and their cars does take off a lot tension from parent's mind. Young drivers tend to get carried away easily and you never know, a mis-happening is just a step away. I got my kid and his car insured from www.compare-insurance.co.uk, they provide free online quotations and offers insurance at minimal cost. I got a decent discount down there and they are still offering good discounts. So better not to be late!!!

Here are some excellent tips on insuring teenage drivers in our latest blog post:

Add a Teen Driver to Your Policy Without Breaking the Bank

Senior Member Level 1

I will suggest you also to skip agent and to go into company directly.. Faster and more precise is this option...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast