Thread: Is burial life insurance different from final expense life insurance?

New User Level 0

Default Is burial life insurance different from final expense life insurance?

I was wondering is burial life insurance different from final expense life insurance? Anybody an expert on this subject?

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by crazywill View Post
    I was wondering is burial life insurance different from final expense life insurance? Anybody an expert on this subject?
    Yeah, final expense insurance does a little more than burial life insurance... Final expense insurance usually covers not only the funeral expenses, but also any other outstanding debts which may be left behind. This can include mortgages, car payments, medical expenses and so on. Burial insurance covers the costs of the funeral and burial, in most cases.
    insurance is my life

Member Level 0

They are exactly the same. It just matters how big the policy is for.

They are just the same. Burial or Funeral Insurance covers everything from funeral costs and even debts or mortgages left by the deceased.

New User Level 0

Burial insurance, final expense insurance and industrial life insurance are all just slang terms to describe small simplified issue or guaranteed issue whole life policies.

Funeral Preneed insurance is a policy sold by funeral homes to fund a funeral home preplan agreement. If the funeral home goes out of business or if the insured just decides they want to use the policy elsewhere or for something else they can do anything they want with it. The insured owns the policy, not the funeral home.