Thread: how to get affordable car insurance quote

Post how to get affordable car insurance quote

There are three basic ways of getting an affordable car insurance quote. These are to buy the least expensive to repair car that you can, to take all the options that you can that would normally reduce your premium, and finally to compare quotes from a number of auto insurers and then negotiate the best low cost car insurance quote you can.

Letís look at each of these individually. First the car. You might not be purchasing a new car., but if you are you should consider whether you can get a cheap car insurance quote when purchasing it. There is more than just the price you pay to consider. Is the car foreign?Because if so, the parts are going to cost a lot more than for a domestic car. A high performance domestically manufactured car can cost less to repair than a cheaper lower performance equivalent from abroad, so while you car might be a few dollars more to buy, it can a lot less expensive to insure, so that might affect you choice.

So, on to the second way, which is that which is used by the vast majority of people. You have many options when insuring your car that could make a significant difference to the cost of your premium. When you request a quotation, you have quite a few options you can take. Your basic policy will be quoted on what you request, taking into account the age of your car and the make and the model. The most affordable quotes depend on the options you choose when arranging the details of your cover.
    http://onlineinsurancetips.co.cc/

2. Last edited by ahedslman; 11-22-2010 at 04:17 AM.

New User Level 0

+1 on this.

There's nothing worse than having a full coverage on a work vehicle go up by 30% in one year, when the amount your boss pays you for an allowance hasn't gone up in years. Nobody should be paying to work, that's just silly. I've taken this a step further since competition is clearly what's driving the lower prices. I'll wait until I've collected at least 4 quotes, I'll compare them all and break out the best deal. Then I simply fire off the lowest price to all the other companies to get them to try an beat that price. I've got an internet fax service metrofax com that's an all-you-can eat deal where I could send a thousand faxes without paying anything extra so all it costs me is a few minutes to send them out.

In general most insurers will quibble about the facts "oh well we're offering a slightly different package" so this is why I love the fax setup, because I can outline the minimums I need for the most I'm willing to pay, and I'm sending them proof that the competition is already willing to meet my needs. Now all I get are replies with a "best offer" or nothing at all.

My last renewal in spring was supposed to be 28% more than my last year's renewal, but after I got serious with the insurers I actually came out with a quote that's almost 7% cheaper than last year!

:YAY:
    Last edited by Norwayguy; 11-21-2010 at 02:52 AM.

New User Level 0

I would just like to add that keep the reliability factor in mind. If the car insurance company you go with, finds ways to shortchange you on your claim, youíre actually losing money in the long run.

New User Level 0

The profile of the driver is extremely important for getting low cost auto insurance. If the driver avoids speeding tickets and other infractions, if the driver doesn't have any previous claims and if the driver only uses the car occasionally (as opposed to commuting to work), then these factors will have a huge effect on Alberta car insurance premiums.

New User Level 0

Price is important, but for me service at claim time is more important. They must be reliable to me and help me to get the claim easily.

Member Level 0

The best auto insurer will give you all the benefits that are discussed here. One should really check online and ask for free quotes to compare which one is best for you.

good article.
    thank you for sharing this, it is very helpful
    If you have any questions about car/auto insurance, just visit this site: http://insureme.us/auto-insurance-ra...ntry-dwellers/
    there are a lot of answered-question here.
    http://learningcenters.us/

Life, Health and Auto INSURANCE
    http://insureme.us/

New User Level 0

If you want to get the affordable car insurance company, it is better to check out different companies and ask for quotes, then compare prices to know which is the cheapest. Also check for other bills regarding the transaction.

Member Level 0

I would like to include that while requesting for a can insurance quote, ask if you qualify for any discounts. Many car insurance companies offer discounts for vehicles with air bags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft devices. These safety features reduce your chances of being in an accident.