Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who can cover me?

New User Level 0

Default Who can cover me?

Starting a new venture in January 2011. Will be renting out boats and watersports equipment to be taken away for leisure use. Not concerned about the loss/damage cover, I can get that sorted but don't know who to approach for the liabilities/legal cover. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

Have you asked your current agent? He may be able to point you in the right direction.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by Petroldrinker View Post
    Starting a new venture in January 2011. Will be renting out boats and watersports equipment to be taken away for leisure use. Not concerned about the loss/damage cover, I can get that sorted but don't know who to approach for the liabilities/legal cover. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
    Talk to your personal insurance agent. He will most likely be able to help with this issue. It`s yr best choice....

Senior Member Level 3

Google is your friend.

Check out the results of this search for boat rental liability insurance. Several sources came up.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...AAAKoEBU_QBqeW

New User Level 0

Hi,

I advice you to take commercial general liability policy which covers injuries to a business associate, employee or customer who might be hurt on your property or with your equipment.If possible, think about the extent of your general liability coverage,which includes if property is damaged while you are away from home on business. You may need a rider or special policy to cover this risk.

Member Level 0

I actually quoted a rental with the same type of risk. Except it was ATV's instead. Its not going to be cheap, it came out to about 22k a year. Its is available it will be excess and surplus though. So if you need a pay plan you will be financing it.
    Mark A. Schneider
    Denvers Insurance &
    The Ahbe Group http://denversinsurance.com http://denversinsuranceblog.com Fully licensed in Property, Casualty & Life In Colorado, USA.

Member Level 0

Comparing different plans is the best method you can follow to save on insurance, it is best strategy followed by people who want a perfect insurance plan in affordable rates.

Check out progressive. I noticed that they have been having alot of commercials lately on boat insurance.

Member Level 0

It will be better for you to contact a Insurance agent of company. As they will be able to explain all insurance related plans. they will provide you all options regarding your requirements. But one thing i want to suggest you buddy, whichever insurance you take; take it for all your assets. I mean for each and every little thing in your company.

New User Level 0

Progressive would probably be my best bet on this issue, although there are other great options too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast