Thread: Why are my quotes so high?

New User Level 0

Question Why are my quotes so high?

Hello can anyone help??
    I am a 26 year old with 7 years no claims on a motorbike, had a driving conviction about 2 years ago a (speeding offence) sp30, 1 month ban and 300 fine.
    I passed my car test a year ago, and have not had a car before, now I know I cant use ny no claims on a car. But I am wondering are my quotes so high because Im declaring the conviction and saying i didnt have a full lisence at the time of my conviction?
    For a 600 1.3 toyota starlet 6000 miles a year,the cheapest quote I have recieved is 1300. I would have thought at my age I would be nowhere near the high risk catergry, my 17 year old brother has had about the same quote. Same car, same annual miles, 9 year age gap, same price?
    Regards

Member Level 0

Maybe now it will be the time to actually get in touch with some other insurance companies and compare their offers.

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrchopper123 View Post
    Hello can anyone help??
    I am a 26 year old with 7 years no claims on a motorbike, had a driving conviction about 2 years ago a (speeding offence) sp30, 1 month ban and 300 fine.
    I passed my car test a year ago, and have not had a car before, now I know I cant use ny no claims on a car. But I am wondering are my quotes so high because Im declaring the conviction and saying i didnt have a full lisence at the time of my conviction?
    For a 600 1.3 toyota starlet 6000 miles a year,the cheapest quote I have recieved is 1300. I would have thought at my age I would be nowhere near the high risk catergry, my 17 year old brother has had about the same quote. Same car, same annual miles, 9 year age gap, same price?
    Regards
    Are you imputting this info into an online quote engine or is this from an actual agent....I would give a local agent a call and ask him to quote you. If you have questions after that you have a human to talk to.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

Not really sure how I can help, every place is different with citations and what not.

Senior Member Level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mrchopper123 View Post
    Hello can anyone help??
    Regards
    One month ban....is that a suspension?
    ARM Designation received.
    PPIA Designation received.
    CPCU 500...complete
    CPCU 520...studying
    CPCU 530...complete
    CPCU 540...exam on Mar 9
    CPCU 551
    CPCU 552
    CPCU 553
    ETHIC 312...complete

Member Level 0

It may be an issue that will be bigger, because you had a speedy ticket, and you are young car driver, all those things does not fall in your favor.

Don't worry, search vehicle insurance companies in your area online, ask for free quote and compere their rates and coverage options. After reviewing their rates, terms & conditions and coverage options seriously you can get the best deals.
    Buy Insurance for Recreational Vehicle with better coverage options