Thread: Which insurance company would you choose?

New User Level 0

Default Which insurance company would you choose?

What is everyone's onions on Oxford and Empre Blue Cross and Blue shield?

Would you recommend any of them for employees of a small company?

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

Your going to want to list your State.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

New User Level 0

The state is New York.

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by samdriscoll View Post
    I would like to go with the Blueinsurance, they offer a bundle of insurance, basically for backpackers. If someone buy a travel insurance then automatically get a medical and health insurance along with the travel insurance.So if you are about to be a backpacker anywhere for leisure or office purpose, you should go for the travel insurance.
    How did this thread asking an opinion about which company to use for small group coverage get hijacked to talking about backpackers and travel insurance. Is that totally off subject? Does it have anything to do with the fact that samdriscoll wants to promote his website? It makes me sick the way 95% of the people who post on here only care about SPAMMING. Why can't we just have an honest discussion?

Member Level 0 iHealthBrokers.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    What is everyone's onions on Oxford and Empre Blue Cross and Blue shield?

Would you recommend any of them for employees of a small company?
    Choose the one with the plan that fits your needs and budget... Figure out your price point, pick an out of pocket and compare 2 apples to apples. Then choose the most affordable option.
    iHealthBrokers.com
    Toll Free: (866) 260-9829

Small Business Health Insurance Quotes

Default Oxford Vs. Empire

I represent both of these carriers for metro NYC, Long and Staten Islands and the Mid-Hudson valley area and they each have their strengths and weaknesses.
    Both have similar networks in terms of size (just remember that your doctor may participate with one and not the other), and they each have all of the major hospitals.
    Overall I find Oxford to be THE easiest to deal with in terms of service. When problems arise, I'm confident I can get them resolved. Empire makes you jump thorugh quite a few hoops. Empire survives on their brand recognition alone and takes that attitude that service doesn't matter. They are absolutely strict about deadlines and paperwork and will not adjust those for any reason. If you aren't prepared to enroll by mid-month for the 1st of the following month, they don't care that you may go elsewhere. Oxford will allow you to make a plan decision and enroll all the way until the last day of the month.
    Empire has better price points on some of it's plans right now, and because of some recent plan changes from Oxford, is now the only carrier offering reasonable out of network benefit plans. They also have more HSA plan choices if you're considering a consumer drive plan design.
    One of the reasons to reply to this thread is to win your business, and I'd certainly love to do that, but if you are already working with an agent/broker, make sure to ask them about their personal experience with each of these carriers. That says a lot about how they can help you when/if something goes wrong (and that is their job to do so after the sale, not just enroll you and then disappear and let you fend for yourself).
    If you'd like to review policy differences and discuss your options, I'd be happy to help and can be reached at 646-452-8388.
    Best of luck!

Kelly Dobens
    Small Business Benefit Solutions, LLC

These days, choosing health care coverage can be more complicated than choosing a new car.
    There are lots of health insurance companies to choose from; each has its unique features; the price tags vary widely.
    This brochure will help you understand the basics of the major types of health care insurance, so that you and your family can drive home with the best deal possible.

New User Level 0

I would go Blueinsurance, it offer a bouquet of insurance, essentially a backpackers. If someone buys a travel insurance policy will automatically receive the medical and travel insurance and backpacker insurance. So if there is any purpose of pleasure or office, it is best.