Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was front passenger "injured" in car accident HELP

New User Level 0

Default I was front passenger "injured" in car accident HELP

Hey, first off about a week ago I was in a serious car accident involving me (sitting front passenger) and my friend (driving). We were going 65mph on freeway and then got cut off and ended up hitting the barrier on the left and then completely flipping the car onto it's roof and gliding on the freeway for 50-70 yards until coming to a stop and crawling out of the broken windows. Now I am meeting a FARMERS INSURANCE REP to go over my claims, medical claim and cash claim.

Any advice? What can I expect?

Thanks,,

G

2. Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Level 3 Norwayguy's Avatar

I expect AdjusterJack will be by to chime in with his years of experience....When it comes to medical claims did you suffer any injuries? Where you seen by a Dr or go to the Hospital? Did you miss any time at work? I believe this info will help adjusterjack help you.
    Last edited by xrac; 08-03-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

Senior Member Level 3

Yes, please answer Norwayguy's questions for me.

Plus this.

Is Farmer's your friend's insurance company or the other car's insurance company and did the other car actually hit the car you were in?

New User Level 0

MEDICAL CLAIM:

Have a claim set up for up to ( $10,000 ) payment towards medical bills, also yes I got physically injured, I have a chest wall contusion, right knee contusion, and left leg contusion. Basically all internal bruising.

Most of the problems since the accident ( 1 week ) I have been having 2-3 panic attacks like clock work on daily basis along with nightmares and trouble falling asleep. Went to the hospital and got sent in ambulance and they sent me home with those diagnosis'. I will be following up with my PSYCHIATRIST and my PRIMARY PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR on August 6th, and then there I will see if the injuries are serious or not when it comes to affected my already chronic pain.

I work freelance graphic design so TAX-FREE so I really do not have an official job. I had Generalized Anxiety Disorder / Panic Disorder / Opioid-Induced Hyper analgesia pain disorder, and all of these problems were multiplied after the accident, I am even on stronger pain medications now.

CASH CLAIM:

Well, met with the FARMERS GIRL at a restaurant this morning and she offered first, 1,200$ then I said NO, next she offered 1,800$ and I again said no and continued to explain to her all these psychological issues I will have to deal with and fix and that they will take time and money. Finally, she tells me highest she can go is 2,000$ and again I repeat NO THANKS.

She then tells me it was a nice meeting and we will work something out and will call me after my doctor's appointments and then "probably make an offer" although before we left I let her know I think that a good number in my mind would be $20,000.

So, we will see where this goes any advice?

Thanks,

G.

Senior Member Level 3

You didn't answer my question:

Is Farmer's your friend's insurance company or the other car's insurance company and did the other car actually hit the car you were in?

New User Level 0

the farmers insurance is from my freinds insurance.

Senior Member Level 3 Norwayguy's Avatar

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Anxiolyt
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    You might want to ask your friend, if they still speak to you, what the medical limits are on their policy.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

Senior Member Level 3

Your medical bills are covered by his policy's Medical Payments Coverage up to whatever the Medical Payments Coverage limit is.

If you are seeking more money than just your medical bills then you are saying that if was your friend's negligence that caused your injuries.

Is that what you are saying?

Didn't seem like that's what you were saying when you wrote that

got cut off and ended up hitting the barrier on the left and then completely flipping the car onto it's roof and gliding on the freeway for 50-70 yards until coming to a stop and crawling out of the broken windows.
    That implies that the driver of the car that cut you off was at fault and your friend was not.

If your friend was not at fault then you are not entitled to any more than just your medical bills.

So which is it? Your friend at fault or the driver of the other car? Let's clear that up before we go on.

New User Level 0

Well, not really but the police say it is DUI

Super Moderator
    Level 9

Well, not really but the police say it is DUI
    You are making it hard to get the proper information. Who was the DUI your friend or the other driver?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast