Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of health insurance do you use?

New User Level 0

Default What type of health insurance do you use?

I am trying to figure out what other people have been using for their health insurance. I am looking to get affordable health insurance for my whole family but first I would like to know what insurance plans others are using. What type of health insurance do you use and why?

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by Denise33 View Post
    I am trying to figure out what other people have been using for their health insurance. I am looking to get affordable health insurance for my whole family but first I would like to know what insurance plans others are using. What type of health insurance do you use and why?
    I get my coverage through my wife's job. She has a good plan so that is what I have.

However, if I were buying coverage on my own I would probably purchase a high deductible health plan and an HSA. HSA (health savings accounts) are lower in both cost and benefits. However, the savings should make up for what you lose in benefits. If you are willing to bank the money that you save by getting a high deductible plan it should work out well for you. If you don't save that money, you will be upset when a big bill comes in.

New User Level 0

It depends on what your health insurance needs are as well as your budget. Do you have young children, do you need maternity benefits. Depending on what your families health insurance needs are you can narrow down health plans.

New User Level 0

Default Debt Settlement

I used medical insurance and maternity insurance...

Senior Member Level 2

I have an Ohio Health Savings Account (HSA). If you are relatively healthy, in many situations, an HSA might be your best option.

New User Level 0

Default A Discount Health Plan

I use and have been using a discount health plan. My plan also includes dental and cost me just $40 a month for my whole family. It is much like insurance instead of paying the high premium I pay a low monthly fee and recieve discounts ranging from 25 to 80% off depending on the service I use. I have three children and a Significant other but we are not married. We are all able to be covered under the plan. Here is the link if you would like to check it out. I don't think I will ever go back to paying high priced premiums or pulling my hair out jumping through loops trying to get gov't medical care. Good luck and just keep looking eventually you will find something you believe in and that works for your family.

I think health and life insurance are necessary.

Senior Member Level 2

Just stick with an experienced LOCAL broker in your state, and you can't go wrong.

New User Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by ricky028 View Post
    However you should choose the health insurance plan according to your requirements as well as your family concerns.
    yep, I do agree with you. For e.g. Dental problems are quite typical in nature in my family so I prefer to go with family dental plans to save lot of money in this recession period...

Member Level 0

I prefer traditional insurance offering a dr's office copay with a reasonable deductible and reasonable coinsurance amount. Anthem, Aetna, and United Healthcare all fit the bill in most states.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread!