Thread: Travel Insurance Question

Default Travel Insurance Question

My travel agent is asking if I have travel insurance, should I buy it from them?

Anyone please give me some suggestion about my question.

Thanks in Advance..

Hi car8788,

Here are some suggestions to help you make an informed purchase.

1. Consider the worst-case scenario. If you can financially withstand the worst-case scenario then maybe you don't need travel insurance or maybe you don't need a comprehensive policy.

2. Make sure the policy you are considering provides adequate medical/dental coverage, including medical evacuation coverage just in case you need medical care in a place where the best treatment available is below the standards you are accustomed to in your country. This can happen if you fall ill in a developing country or even on a cruise ship.

3. Check your existing insurance policies for possible coverage. There is no sense in paying more for what you already have in your homeowner or tenant policy, such as theft and loss coverage.

4. If you are a frequent traveler, you should consider annual or year-round travel insurance policies. Sometimes they are called multi-trip travel insurance policies. Whatever the name, these policies can be relatively cheap when compared to single-trip travel insurance policies.

5. Know what you are buying, so read the fine print. Make sure that you understand what the company considers to be a legitimate reason for cancellation or interruption. If the list is too restrictive, maybe you should consider another policy.

6. Don't restrict yourself to buying only from your travel agent. He/She will probably only have one company's product(s) available, and it's there for your convenience, but that convenience can be quite costly!

7. Ask lots of questions about the coverage. Play the 'what if' game. Ask for clear explanations of terminology. Make sure that you and the travel insurance company are speaking the same language.

8. Don't buy the insurance through your transportation provider. If the airline goes bankrupt, how adequate will your insurance coverage be?

Once Youíve Bought Your Travel Insurance

Remember that your travel insurance policy covers you between certain specific dates, so don't start your trip early or extend your trip without first changing the dates of coverage on your travel insurance policy. Of course, this might cost you extra, but that's cheaper than finding yourself without coverage when you need it the most.

Also, it almost goes without saying that you should bring your travel insurance policy with you when you go abroad. You can't consult the policy if it's sitting on your desk at home. You should also carry your travel insurance company's toll-free assistance phone number and other contact information with you wherever you go. It does you no good if you get ill or hurt and the necessary policy information is sitting in your hotel room. It's also a good idea to bring your regular medical coverage cards and info with you.

I hope these tips will help you by the best travel insurance for you. Then take your trip with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that you are insured by the right travel insurance policy at the right price. Bon voyage!

Quote Originally Posted by car8788 View Post
    My travel agent is asking if I have travel insurance, should I buy it from them?

Anyone please give me some suggestion about my question.

Thanks in Advance..

Last edited by insuredô; 08-04-2009 at 01:34 AM.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion here..
    I really appreciate for sharing your answer here...

Member Level 0

Depends. Before taking out a policy, it’s important to determine whether you need protection at all. Experts say that with so many travel insurance products available, thorough research is critical — and that means reading the policy in its entirety, not just the brochure.

Member Level 0

Yes, you should buy it from travel agent but be sure travel insurance coverage policy that they are offering you, it covers all your needs or not.

Member Level 0

One thing is for sure, you shouldn’t travel without insurance, and the question of where to buy it from is down to your personal choice. Travel agents like selling insurance as of course, they receive commission on any sales they make but also, many bookings are not possible without insurance as the contract will cover “ “cancellation Insurance” to cover you if you can’t go travelling.

In my opinion, the most important section of a travel insurance policy is the medical expenses section. Try to obtain a policy with a high sum insured in respect of medical expenses especially if you are travelling g to somewhere like the United States. We were their last year and my son fell ill, with a very minor complaint and a 20 minute consultations with medication set me back over $350.00

Often people worry about losing their baggage but in reality, what’s the most you are going to lose if your suitcase goes missing? Over the years I have seen medical claims for thousands and thousands of pounds and not just from more mature people. Younger people never think thy will go on holiday and fall ill but I have seen many cases, where people under the age of 30 have had to be repatriated at great cost.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion here..

I got Travel Insurance already

Great one thanks
    Last edited by xrac; 08-12-2017 at 07:21 AM.

New User Level 0

Hi.

Do you all avail a travel insurance even if the airline doesn't require it?