Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Health Insurance

Member Level 0

Default Travel Health Insurance

Any traveler should consider getting medical insurance for travel to international destinations. If you already have private health insurance, then you are probably covered within the U.S. for major, unexpected medical costs. However, a typical individual and group health plan will not provide coverage when traveling outside of the country.

New User Level 0

I'm traveling overseas to southeast asia in a couple of weeks, I guess I should look into this. Does this mean that if I get sick over seas, my medical expenses will be covered if I need treatment over seas?

Travel insurance will cover emergency medical treatment - illnesses or injuries that occur whilst you are in the USA. Health insurance is to pay the cost of non-urgent treatment that you decide to have.

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by George Hudson View Post
    Travel insurance is a great way to protect your travel investment. By choosing to offer travel insurance, your travel agent is providing you a financial safety net for most unforeseen travel inconveniences.

Travel insurance plans have always been created to suit most any travelers coverage needs for sure. Many of our travel plans include benefits like:

- Trip Cancellation/Interruption,
    - Emergency Medical/Dental coverage,
    - Emergency Medical Transportation,
    - Baggage Loss/damage,
    - Travel Delay,
    - Travel Accident,
    - Rental car protection.
    I might add to yr list:
    - Medical expenses
    - Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
    - Overseas funeral expenses
    - Delayed departure

New User Level 0

Usually the premium for travel health insurance amounts to $200 on an annual basis. However, the premium you pay towards your travel health insurance policy also depends a lot on your age, the distance of trip, any preexisting health conditions, cost of trip and the nation to which trip is being made. Some special travel insurance plans also cover accidental deaths and flight accidental death.The travel health insurance plans that cover the medical costs of your trip will include cost of treatment, medical expenses, cost of medicines and dental expenses. These covers are available with many conditions. For instance, if you take medicines from unconventional medical sources such as Ayurvedic treatment or acupuncturists, the health travel insurance company will not reimburse the money to you.
    Insurance review
    Last edited by Norwayguy; 10-26-2010 at 12:38 PM.

New User Level 0

In addition to above useful points.There are some general advice which really decrease the stress and to help you for Travel Medical Insurance to enjoy your trip with more comfort :

* Don't take anything irreplaceable with you
    * If your hotel has a safe or safety deposit box use it
    * Keep your room locked at all times
    * Take travellers cheques instead of cash
    * Don't carry all your cash with you
    * Be aware of your safety, don't take any unnecessary risks just because you are abroad
    * Protect against the sun properly, don't skimp on sun cream to get a better tan
    * Make sure you know the risks of the area you're travelling to
    * Avoid drinking tap water if possible
    * Don't participate in any activities you aren't covered for
    * Don't do anything illegal as it's pretty much guaranteed to void your policy
    * Declare any pre-existing conditions before you leave

And if you really want to make a claim just go more smoothly according to the policies . Thanks

New User Level 0

Medical insurance is fine but I think if you are traveling to new place then you should opt for travel insurance as there are many other risks invoilved other then getting ill. So its better to take a proper travel insurance according to your need and budget.

Banned Level 0

Yup, it would definitely be better if you have travel insurance, especially if you are of the traveling type. This will certainly make you feel more secure here.

Senior Member Level 3 Dan Williams's Avatar

So...travel health insurance will ensure my safety ? You know, I worry sometimes about my plane crashing, etc....Maybe I should buy this and be safe

You self-promoting jokers crack me up

....very informative post, thanks
    ....now I know much about insurance
    ....your comments are great value

New User Level 0

can anybody tells me, which is best insurance while traveling to France. And what types of facilities it cover. Please provide advice to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread!