Thread: I need to find a pet insurance for my sick puppy?

New User Level 0

Default I need to find a pet insurance for my sick puppy?

My dog has been very sick. she is 11 months old and her liver has failed. She has already cost me thousand. Can someone please tell me if there is any pet insurance that cover pre illness?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Last edited by zebediah; 03-15-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zebediah View Post
    My dog has been very sick. she is 11 months old and her liver has failed. She has already cost me thousand. Can someone please tell me if there is any pet insurance that cover pre illness?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thats really sad to hear! I am with Healthy pets for my pet insurance, but the pre existing condition is not covered. I think that is quite typical though, I dont think there is any pet insurance company out there that does. I remember researching pretty hard at the time to find one, but sadly no joy. At least Healthy Pets have been good in helping me out with the recent claims.

have you talked to the vet about insurance and pre existing pet conditions?

Hope things get better for you
    xx

Member Level 0

yeah he is right you can't insure your dog in this condition but some companies can afford you depending on the severeness of the disease you need to contact them

New User Level 0

Oh no thats really sad

The others are right though its unlikely that your going to find an affordable program which will insure a pet for a pre-exsisting illness.

Good luck sorry I can't be more help, I do feel for you though.

New User Level 0

The majority of pet healthcare insurers will specifically exclude pre-existing medical conditions from a policy. This means that no financial assistance will be offered should a previous condition return and a huge veterinary bills arise. Those insurers that don't exclude them from the outset will charge owners a far higher monthly premium.

Member Level 0

That is very sad to hear zebediah. I don`t think you will be able to find anything suitable for your situation, though I may be wrong. I`m thinking that you already tried a research online, no ?

Senior Member Level 1

Insurance companies will not offer any insurance for an ill dog. Especially if the dog is ill such long period.
    btw, it is really sad story.

Banned Level 0

These are commonly classified into two kinds - curable pre-existing conditions and incurable pre-existing conditions.

If your pet's illness or injury falls under a curable pre-existing condition, these may be covered, depending on some terms set by the pet insurance company.

on the other hand, Incurable pre-existing conditions include conditions that are hereditary or congenital. These are illnesses that are prevalent for a specific dog breed and commonly develop in a pet when it gets older.