Thread: What Should I Consider When Hiring a Public Adjuster?

New User Level 0

Default What Should I Consider When Hiring a Public Adjuster?

I have a hurricane damage claim and want to hire a public adjuster to get my claim paid, What Should I Consider When Hiring a Public Adjuster?

Member Level 0

Here’s a short list of things to consider
    License: make sure their license is up-to-date with the State of California and make sure they are really a licenses Public Adjuster. Some people are misrepresented themselves as Public Adjusters.

Experience: Public Adjusters come from a wide range of backgrounds ? see if who you are considering has the right mix for you.

Professionalism: Do not sign blank contracts. A professional Public Adjuster will explain the fee structure up-front so you understand why and what you're are paying for.

Comfort Level: This intangible may be quite important if your claim is complex or extensive. This person will be helping you through a very traumatic time and resolving the claim could take some time & find someone who fits your needs and suits your style.

New User Level 0

Is it recommended to hire a public adjuster to assess property damage PRIOR to the arrival of my insurance adjuster, or only in the event there's a claims dispute or rejection?