Thread: Weird Story

Senior Member Level 8 Mark Rosenthal's Avatar

Default Weird Story

At church last Sunday, I over heard a lady talking about how she was baby sitting an old dog, and the dog started having a stroke and acting funny. The lady tried calling the owner, but could not get in touch with her, so on her own, she rush the old dog to the vent.

I could not help but to think, what the hell. What if the lady does not pay you back the money for the vet bill. I mean this is an old dog and you have not spoken with the owner. If the dog has had a stroke what can they do anyways.

I would have just tried calling the lady and not rush it to the vet. Maybe I'm being cruel or something, but why end up with a high vet bill, without the owners telling you they would cover the bill or take the dog themselves.

If my dog has a stroke, I'm shooting it. It is cheaper to go buy a new dog, then to pay over 1,000 in vet bills.

Please don't call PETA on me.

2. Mark Rosenthal
    I have not been on this forum in years and it wont allow me to delete my outdated old post. If you want to contact me, you can find me on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/connectwithmarkrosenthal/

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Mark, I think exactly like you do. Are we in the minority in today's world?

Banned Level 1

Aww poor dog. That's all I can say since I'm a dog-lover.

Member Level 0

It is cheaper to go buy a new dog, then to pay over 1,000 in vet bills.
    I can say I understand the logik from yr quote, but I`m also a dog lover, and it doesn`t feel very nice to read something like this. But, you have a point right there, that is true...

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

I know this post was just brought back to life.....Mark I feel the same as you about the dog....For me the deciding factor would be my relationship with the people I was watching the dog for....If I don't care about how they would feel coming home to find I had let their dog die then I would not rush it to the vet.

And if it was my wife's dog I would make it more comfortable by putting a pillow OVER its head!
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

New User Level 0

Hi Mate

I felt pity for the dog.