Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who to use for continuing education

Senior Member Level 8 Mark Rosenthal's Avatar

Lightbulb Cheap continuing education

Mark Rosenthal (RFS) has joined with WebCE, a leading nationwide provider of Continuing Education for insurance agents, to deliver all of the web-based courses you need to renew your insurance license. Paper-based courses and exams are also available.

WebCE offers the largest nationwide catalog of courses approved to satisfy state-specific subject requirements on topics such as ethics, law, annuities and variable products, classroom equivalent study, and LTC/LTC Partnership training.

http://realfastservice.webce.com/ <---- There is a course catalog on this website and you can also redeem your vouchers here. If you are in a hurry and don't want to use the vouchers, then just buy from the website.

2. Last edited by Mark Rosenthal; 07-29-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Mark Rosenthal
    I have not been on this forum in years and it wont allow me to delete my outdated old post. If you want to contact me, you can find me on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/connectwithmarkrosenthal/

New User Level 0

Its good to hear that Continuing Education for insurance agents. This could be the best online education in short time. I will definitely inform all our guys,,,,

Senior Member Level 2

Hondros online. Quick. Cheap. Easy. And I have no affiliation with them.

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by OhioQuotes View Post
    Hondros online. Quick. Cheap. Easy. And I have no affiliation with them.
    Looks like Hondros is only available for about three states. They are also more expensive than WebCE offered through Mark.
    Last edited by xrac; 01-19-2010 at 08:38 AM.

Senior Member Level 2

Depends on what you want. I did mine online and never took an exam. It was worth the $79 for 20 hours.

Member Level 0

I attended an online webinar from UHC and received a voucher for WebCE. It was good for one class. I choose a senior products course worth 18 credit hours. That added to an assurant seminar taken earlier for 2 credits and the grand total was $4 for a state online course fee to satisy my biannual requirements. I would definitely use WebCE next time, free or not.

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

I use Webce exclusively for getting my biannual CE requirements out of the way in that it is inexpensive about $50 for my entire cost. Can be done online and you can skip right to the exam so it only take about 30 minutes to an hour.

However to actually learn something I would have to say most of the CE providers don't actually have a lot of info in them and for learning new things I would recommend a LUTC or similar type class.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

Member Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by Norwayguy View Post
    I use Webce exclusively for getting my biannual CE requirements out of the way in that it is inexpensive about $50 for my entire cost. Can be done online and you can skip right to the exam so it only take about 30 minutes to an hour.

However to actually learn something I would have to say most of the CE providers don't actually have a lot of info in them and for learning new things I would recommend a LUTC or similar type class.
    I did have higher expectations for the CE class, is was mainly fluff. LUTC is a great tip. I hadn't heard of Life Underwriter Training Council classes until this point. Is there a particular provider you prefer?

I know a lot of agents use Webce, but I like using CEU for my insurance continuing education needs. They have a $129 unlimited courses offer the first year and $109 thereafter here: http://www.ceu.com/specialOffer.asp

While it may seem expensive upfront the multimedia courses are of WAY better quality than their competitors in my opinion, they have courses with up to 21 credits (more credits per course) and they file up to 30 credits on your behalf at no additional charge. I think Webce charges extra for this.

Just my two cents.

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johncullum View Post
    I know a lot of agents use Webce, but I like using CEU for my insurance continuing education needs. They have a $129 unlimited courses offer the first year and $109 thereafter here: http://www.ceu.com/specialOffer.asp

While it may seem expensive upfront the multimedia courses are of WAY better quality than their competitors in my opinion, they have courses with up to 21 credits (more credits per course) and they file up to 30 credits on your behalf at no additional charge. I think Webce charges extra for this.

Just my two cents.
    I'll check them out....I have never been too impressed with the actual knowledge contained in most CE courses...I would be willing to pay more for good knowledge.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread!