Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who to use for continuing education

New User Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by Norwayguy View Post
    I use Webce exclusively for getting my biannual CE requirements out of the way in that it is inexpensive about $50 for my entire cost. Can be done online and you can skip right to the exam so it only take about 30 minutes to an hour.

However to actually learn something I would have to say most of the CE providers don't actually have a lot of info in them and for learning new things I would recommend a LUTC or similar type class.
    I did have higher expectations for the CE class, is was mainly fluff. LUTC is a great tip. I hadn't heard of Life Underwriter Training Council classes until this point. Is there a particular provider you prefer?

2. Last edited by Norwayguy; 10-03-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Senior Member Level 2 Norwayguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daviddwilson View Post
    I did have higher expectations for the CE class, is was mainly fluff. LUTC is a great tip. I hadn't heard of Life Underwriter Training Council classes until this point. Is there a particular provider you prefer?
    Contact your local NAIFA council...If your a member you receive a discount on LUTC classes...I think you purchase the courses from the American College.
    Peter G Langelier
    plangelier@langelierinsurance.com www.langelierinsurance.com
    Licensed Resident Agent Maine Life/Health & Variable Contracts

New User Level 0

Quote Originally Posted by Norwayguy View Post
    I use Webce exclusively for getting my biannual CE requirements out of the way in that it is inexpensive about $50 for my entire cost. Can be done online and you can skip right to the exam so it only take about 30 minutes to an hour.

However to actually learn something I would have to say most of the CE providers don't actually have a lot of info in them and for learning new things I would recommend a LUTC or similar type class.
    Last edited by Norwayguy; 11-01-2010 at 05:42 AM.

New User Level 0

I've surfed the Internet but have not found books on insurance broking.

Do you know any of them?

Super Moderator
    Level 10

Here is a 15% discount on CE from Kaplan:

View email in browser | Send to a friend | Unsubscribe
    Kaplan Financial Education
    Study with the Leader in Prelicensing Education
    Save 15% on select Insurance Licensing and CE products with promo code KFE-Career18.
    Complete your Insurance CE requirements with courses that actually add value to your practice. Kaplan’s online classes are frequently updated, providing you with the most relevant CE courses in the industry.
    Browse Our Online Course Library »

www.kaplanfinancial.com/insurance | 800.428.7716
    Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Career Corner
    MKT-008592
    This message contains an advertisement for Kaplan Financial Education.

Kaplan Financial Education is a leading global provider of financial education solutions to professionals around the world, helping candidates advance their careers by preparing them for Securities Licensing and Insurance Licensing exams, Continuing Education requirements, and the CFA®, FRM®, CAIA®, CIMA®, and CFP® exams.

Unsubscribe from future messages from Kaplan Financial Education.

©2018 Kaplan, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Kaplan Financial Education | 332 Front Street South, Suite 501 | La Crosse, WI 54601
    X

Senior Member Level 1 marindependent's Avatar

I have used numerous ones before and have never really loved any of them.

Now a days I almost exclusively use IRMI. I find their courses are a cut above.
    Scott W Johnson
    Whole Vs Term Life Insurance
    415-294-5454 CA LIC 0K10734

Senior Member Level 1 DavidBlock's Avatar

Online CE is ok for what it is but in my opinion, if you want good content and you want to learn, it is best to attend live, in-person CE. It is there that you really garner greater knowledge and get to ask questions that are appropriate for you. If you are in a hurry and need to get some CE out of the way, that is one thing. But if you are truly there to improve your game and enhance your client experience, search out through your local Health Underwriter (www.NAHU.org), or NAIFA (www.naifa.org), or financial planning council what is happening. Where I am, there is an attorney that provides CE monthly which always introduces a new thought. All of us, in the industry, need to stretch what we know; and in my opinion, unless there is an online CE with a live instructor, there is no way to really dig deeper into what is being presented to learn how to apply it to our client base.
    David M. Block, CLTC
    President
    Insurance Specialties, Inc.
    PO Box 1809
    Candler, NC 28715-1809
    800.358.8844 toll free
    828-667-1119 local
    828-667-2229 local fax
    www.insurance-specialties.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread!